Monday 25 February 2008

Policy summary

Now, I know I promised there wouldn't be much negativity on this blog but here's a post I drafted after a particularly rough patch at work and in the absence of fresh material (gotta love rest days!) I thought it was time for a new post....


It is the policy of the UKPS that: -

any accident with an injury no matter how small or how reported for the purposes of claiming compensation will incur a decent amount of writing

any crime report submitted will have fault found in it by a civilian who's never been a police officer before or tried to write a detailed report at 4am

morale will not be tolerated at any time and should this eventuality occur it must be recorded and thoroughly investigated

there will be two ways to do everything and doing something to the best of your ability and in line with common sense is not always the best way

it is no longer good enough to prevent crime and arrest offenders it is more important to make your superiors look good at all times than do your job

despite all of this there can be an insulting pay increase and you must like it or lump it and carry on working 24/7 over weekends/christmas etc



Despite all this, I am keen to go to work in the hope that one day I will turn up and something will have changed.

Besides, I was on double bubble today so can't complain too much!

No comments: