Sunday 6 April 2008

Cracked

Not much going on in the UKPS at the moment so a lack of posts. I could tell you about the numerous domestics I've been to but they're all the same. They're all a rich mixture of Stella Artois, childishness, false allegations and underclass...in different proportions.

As it was snowing today not much was going on except me being very careful driving the car around the greasy roads. "Ping" one of the weekend arrest enquiries for Mr S.Callywag who has breached his tagged curfew cos he's been out on the lash arrives on the box... Still, its Sunday and everyone else is getting similar incidents sent through so I decide to show willing. I arrive at the address and climb out of the car with snow covering my goretex.

I knock on the door quite hard and hear a "just a minute". I'm not concerned at the delay its early on a Sunday morning and he's hardly wanted for murder. The door opens and the mother greets me, she asks what he's done now - I tell her and she rolls her eyes. Typical nonchalant mother of the underclass, I think.

Wakey wakey mister
Mr S "But its Sunday morning"
ST "I know and I've been up since 5"
Mr S "You're gonna nick me aren't you"
ST "Yup!"

I do that bit and since I know he's just woken up and there are no windows in the toilet I let him use it. He knows he's going to be in til court the next morning and has a sly cigarette in there, I would! I speak to his mother who is now crying - less nonchalant, I think.

I ask her what's wrong and she says he's out of control, he's been inside a lot (even though he's only a juvenile so its a YOI*) and smokes weed constantly, he has ADHD, he drinks and gets nicked all the time (really?!). He bullies and belittles her and she can't believe he's her son. The sob story rolls off like water off a duck's back.

Then she says "You know it's my birthday today? You coming here and taking him away is the best present I've had so far..."

It saddened me how genuinely she meant the last comment. It also shattered my stereotype I'd had when I knocked on the door earlier. Of the mother... not the toerag.

Tyler

P.S I promise I'll try and post more

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

TYLER, no excuses for not posting more! I'v got bolly knickers now so you can have more time so get to it.

Sam Tyler said...

Sorry guv I'll try harder in future..